After Earth is THE BEST Father's Day movie ever!


I don't really understand why my best friend doesn't like this movie. For me, After Earth would be the best Father's Day's movie for any fathers in the world. After Earth shows the sentimental part of the less-to-be-shown part of a father's manly side. A true emotional father-son movie that I think all of the sons (or even daughters) in the world MUST watch.

What I like about this movie: It reminds me of my late Papa...I bet all of you will feel the same too. I also like the wardrobe of this sci-fi movie. The suit that can change colors and function accordingly to the situation is way too cool. I like the scene where Kitai tried to save the bird's lil' chicks and when the bird returns the favor by saving Kitai (and it was like, I save you to death). I wetted my eyes during the reunion of Kitai and his father and the end of this movie.

What I don't like about this movie: It has  a few holes here and there that gives me some question marks. But I guess, it was due to the film editing process where it has to follow certain time limit for a movie.

Synopsis: A typical teenager, Kitai Raige blames himself for the death of his sister. Since then, he has been so determine to kill the alien and be a legendary warrior like his father, Cypher Raige. Read here for more...

Cast: Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Sophie Okonedo, Zoe Isabella Kravitz
Director: M. Night Shyamalan
Screenplay: Garryt Whitta and M. Night Shyamalan
Story: Will Smith
Producer: Caleeb Pinkett, Jada Pinkett Smith & Will Smith, James Lassiter & M. Night Shyamalan

Verdict: Don't watch this movie if you are expecting some complicated CGI and other related state-of-the-art CGI stuff..this is a movie about a relationship between a father and son. Plus, knowing M. Night Shyamalan, he is an ol' school director who likes to dig more on the emotional parts of the story rather than meddle with some futuristic CGI effects.

Comments